IVORY. LONG FLAT 'CURVED EDGE'
A great addition to our Ivory range design by David Shevlino from the USA.
In Shevlino's current work, the canvas has increasingly become a place to experiment with different techniques of paint application. He is particularly interested in exploring the line between the traditional representation of the figure and the abstraction of it, and his paintings reflect his simultaneous use of both approaches. His paintings are characterized by broad brushstrokes, a sensuous application of paint and an obvious feel for tonal harmonies. At the same time, the artist demonstrates a firm sense of control, tightening up the composition through his deft modelling of the human form.
"I wanted a brush that has the feel of a flat for laying in swathes of paint, but with slightly tapered fibers for getting a softer edge, the way you would with a filbert." - David Shevlino
For advice on cleaning your brushes, please click this link.
Our customers love to share their brushes with pride. Simply submit your photo using the upload button here.
Best Sellers this week
- SERIES 96. MICRO SABLEAs low as $2.21 $2.21
- SERIES 92. MICRO RED SABLEAs low as $2.29 $2.29
- SERIES 33. KOLINSKY SABLE POINTED ROUNDSAs low as $4.41 $4.41
- SERIES 22. PURE KOLINSKY DESIGNERAs low as $6.13 $6.13
- R4 POCKET RED DOT ONE STROKE - 1/4" ( RDOS-1/4" )$16.25 $16.25
- IVORY. LONG FLATSAs low as $0.00 $0.00
- IVORY. POINTED ROUNDSAs low as $2.13 $2.13
- SERIES 303. ONE STROKE GOLDEN SYNTHETICAs low as $1.92 $1.92