SERIES 81. PURE SABLE DOMED FILBERT
Ideal for Watercolours and Oils (the latter usually preferred on the long handles). The natural characteristics of the Red Sable hair offer a good "belly", allowing a liquid holding capacity greater than, the Golden Synthetic for example.
This hair has a beautiful spring and upon retouching the paper, will flow and release water similiar to a fountain pen. For Oils, the Red Sable are a good choice if one can afford, and where a softness with a delicate spring is required.
We designed The Pure Sable Domed Filbert Series 81's with the oil artist in mind who requires a 'fuller' body to a filbert and a nice domed shaped head rather than the 'cats tongue' style which tends to be more pointed.
These have proved popular in both oils and watercolour. For oil artists many use the Series 81's for the finer detail such as in figurative work, around the nose, lips and eyes and so on.
If you prefer a synthetic alternative see the Eclipse Domed Filberts.
For advise on cleaning your brushes, please click this link.
Our customers love to share their brushes with pride. Simply submit your photo using the upload button here.
Best Sellers this week
- SERIES 96. MICRO SABLEAs low as $2.21 $2.21
- SERIES 92. MICRO RED SABLEAs low as $2.29 $2.29
- SERIES 33. KOLINSKY SABLE POINTED ROUNDSAs low as $4.41 $4.41
- SERIES 22. PURE KOLINSKY DESIGNERAs low as $6.13 $6.13
- R4 POCKET RED DOT ONE STROKE - 1/4" ( RDOS-1/4" )$16.25 $16.25
- IVORY. LONG FLATSAs low as $0.00 $0.00
- IVORY. POINTED ROUNDSAs low as $2.13 $2.13
- SERIES 303. ONE STROKE GOLDEN SYNTHETICAs low as $1.92 $1.92