Series 2085. Chungking Egberts
Chungking Bristles (Bristles from hogs raised in the region of the Chinese city of Chungking) considered to be the best for oil painting, having long, deep flags. Theoretically the longer the flags the better the bristle. Used mainly for oil, acrylic and hobby ceramics. Interlocked ‘curved’ heads allow retention of shape. These superior quality bristles are less likely to ‘splay’ or spread in use.
The Series 2085 are a unique brush shape, which allows a looser more organic stroke. The length of this brush allows for precision, lines and flicks. Try one, it's a must!
"A long haired brush, when used full of paint gives a very particular sort of stroke- the paint applies thickly, but the impasto quite short as the spring of the long hair lends itself to a thicker stroke that ends quickly with evidence of the hair dragging through the paint. When used oil rich, or full of solvent, the Egbert can act a bit like a rigger, precise, long lines that when done confidently have a steady thickness and calligraphic edge." Leo Mancini-Hresco
To see our brush cleaning videos on Youtube, click here.
For advice on cleaning your brushes, please click this link.
Best sellers this week
- SERIES 33. KOLINSKY SABLE POINTED ROUNDSStart from US$ 5.74 US$ 5.74
- SERIES 344. DESIGNER GOLDEN SYNTHETICStart from US$ 2.58 US$ 2.58
- BRAVURA. LONG FLATStart from US$ 2.71 US$ 2.71
- THE ERADICATOR BRUSHStart from US$ 5.42 US$ 5.42
- SERIES 401. POINTED SABLE MIXTUREStart from US$ 2.46 US$ 2.46
- IVORY. SHORT FLATSStart from US$ 2.08 US$ 2.08