SERIES 55. PURE KOLINSKY ONE STROKE
There is no doubt Kolinsky is the best hair available for the manufacture of artists’ brushes due to being conical in shape, strong in character with a long tapered point and thick belly. The excellent snap & spring together with immense liquid holding capacity make them a first choice for watercolourists.
The Series 55 is a flat, chisel shaped brush which comes to a razor edge for long, controlled brush strokes. They are great for washes, skies and architectural strokes. Traditionally, the "One Stroke" were used by signwriters and calligraphers who quite literally required one stroke. If you prefer the shorter length, take a look at our Series 56 Pure Kolinsky Short Flats.
If you prefer a synthetic alternative, try our Red Dot Collection Long Flat/One Stroke.
A favourite for architecture, buildings, landscapes and covering large areas with a sharp edge.
The Series 55 are a favourite for watercolourists, but work well in oils too. They are particularly favoured by portrait painters in Oils.
For advice on cleaning your brushes, please click this link.
Our customers love to share their brushes with pride. Simply submit your photo using the upload button here.
Best Sellers this week
- SERIES 96. MICRO SABLEAs low as $2.21 $2.21
- SERIES 92. MICRO RED SABLEAs low as $2.29 $2.29
- SERIES 33. KOLINSKY SABLE POINTED ROUNDSAs low as $4.41 $4.41
- SERIES 22. PURE KOLINSKY DESIGNERAs low as $6.13 $6.13
- R4 POCKET RED DOT ONE STROKE - 1/4" ( RDOS-1/4" )$16.25 $16.25
- IVORY. LONG FLATSAs low as $0.00 $0.00
- IVORY. POINTED ROUNDSAs low as $2.13 $2.13
- SERIES 303. ONE STROKE GOLDEN SYNTHETICAs low as $1.92 $1.92