Series 95. Pure Sable Fan
Ideal for Watercolours and Oils (the latter usually preferred on the long handles). The natural characteristics of the Red Sable hair offer a good "belly", allowing a liquid holding capacity greater than, the Golden Synthetic for example.
This hair has a beautiful spring and upon retouching the paper, will flow and release water similiar to a fountain pen. For Oils, the Red Sable are a good choice if one can afford, and where a softness with a delicate spring is required
Fan brushes use a special ferrule which spreads the hairs to form a fan shape. They are typically used for special effects such as grasses, fur and often for blending.
A favourite for blending and knocking back edges in Oils. Watercolourists love them for tree arches, flicking up grasses and unique marks. A good tip: for winter trees, use the brush dry, for summer trees, load the brush with water and pigment.
If you prefer a synthetic alternative try our Red Dot Collection Fans.
Best sellers this week
- SERIES 33. KOLINSKY SABLE POINTED ROUNDSStart from US$ 5.74 US$ 5.74
- SERIES 344. DESIGNER GOLDEN SYNTHETICStart from US$ 2.58 US$ 2.58
- BRAVURA. LONG FLATStart from US$ 2.71 US$ 2.71
- THE ERADICATOR BRUSHStart from US$ 5.42 US$ 5.42
- SERIES 401. POINTED SABLE MIXTUREStart from US$ 2.46 US$ 2.46
- IVORY. SHORT FLATSStart from US$ 2.08 US$ 2.08