I’ve designed this range to be an inexpensive blending brush.
The Smooshing Brush is made from a blend of different grades of badger hair.
I’ve packed the hairs into the ferrule really tightly to create a dense brush, which will be firm to the touch, but still flexible. The beauty of the domed shape allows for a multitude of brush strokes.
Sometimes known as a smudger, a tinter or a blender, this versatile brush can be used in all mediums and is available in sizes small, medium and large and extra large. In decorative painting, you would tend to use it as a dry brush and for softening edges. But this brush is a good little all rounder and useful in any medium. For Oil and Acrylic painters, if you load this brush full of pigment, it’ll be great for your seascapes, stippling, clouds, highlights and shading. For watercolourists, practice loading with dry pigment to get a similar effect.
A favourite for blending for Oils.
For advice on cleaning your brushes, please click this link.
Our customers love to share their brushes with pride. Simply submit your photo using the upload button here.
Best Sellers this week
- SERIES 96. MICRO SABLEAs low as $2.21 $2.21
- SERIES 92. MICRO RED SABLEAs low as $2.29 $2.29
- SERIES 33. KOLINSKY SABLE POINTED ROUNDSAs low as $4.41 $4.41
- SERIES 22. PURE KOLINSKY DESIGNERAs low as $6.13 $6.13
- R4 POCKET RED DOT ONE STROKE - 1/4" ( RDOS-1/4" )$16.25 $16.25
- IVORY. LONG FLATSAs low as $0.00 $0.00
- IVORY. POINTED ROUNDSAs low as $2.13 $2.13
- SERIES 303. ONE STROKE GOLDEN SYNTHETICAs low as $1.92 $1.92